Happy 12mn, Darling!

10:10 AM



Last year was familiarly different from today...

It is supposed to be one year today. Aside from my birthday, it was also my pathetic engagement day. Yes, I already said 'Yes' to someone who doesn't even deserve to throw the question on me.

I read an article from Elephant Journal entitled, 'I know you never loved me back'. I remember a part of it saying how you should be thanking this person for hurting and leaving you. Instead of looking on how hurt and damaged you were, think about how that situation made you BETTER.

Yes I am deeply wounded up to now, but I think I wouldn't want to be with someone like you ever again...

I am past that magical-sparkly-feeling of love where you get blinded,  where you compromise just because you love someone, and I already see past through all the flaws and characteristics that I never want to live with for the rest of my life.

Thank you...

For all the sweet words and promises that once made me believe about how great are you. I now appreciate myself more than I can love, believe, trust, and care that far and deep.

Thank you for all the lies and alibis for I learned that looks can really be deceiving and that I should use my brain instead of my heart. Not all people will have the same heart as me. Not all people will treasure the trust and chances that's being given to them.

Above all, I learned that love will never be forced. It is not something we decide for ourselves. It is not something that's to be teased. It's not something to be asked. Because true love will never be taking something away from you, it will always be giving, understanding, forgiving and patient.

And no matter how hurt and wrecked I may feel right now, it will never last. No matter how crushed and lost I am for the past months, I was able to see the real people who love me enough to cheer me up even in the simplest of their words. What happened has more to say about who you are than who I am. Above all else, it is my special day! I am not only celebrating this just because it's my natal day, but because I realized how strong I really am. I am still alive after all! The world is still revolving  and this time, it's not about you anymore. It's about the people who should really matter in my life -- my family and friends. This is just the beginning of my real adventure! Life goes on and I am awesome! I'll have one of the simple but cherished day today 'til every tomorrow's.

Happy twenty-two to me!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Bonjour! Please feel free to drop your thoughts here. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images